About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas Eve was fairly low key. We stayed in, Daniel and the kids watched
Christmas movies, had hot chocolate, and then drove around to look at lights.

Before we left though, we did get to open our pajamas!
Paige hasn't opened a gift, since her first birthday, back in April. I loved that she looked
to Dmitri, as her example. Of course he ripped the wrapping right off! The pajamas were
very light, and in a white box. Daniel told Dmitri that the white box was his gift, and as
you can see from Dmitri's face, he was not very excited about that!
This year we added in Glow Pets. They were going for a really good price at Costco, and Dmitri had been
hoping for one, to add to his collection {Pillow pet and Dream Lite}. He was so excited
to open his penguin! He has a penguin Dream Lite, named Schwinky, and named his
Glow Pet Big Schwinky. I have no idea, but he's happy with his name choice! xP
Paigey got a unicorn, and some cute fox pajamas!
 Here are the kids, in the pajamas, along with their Glow Pets!
And then a picture of all of us, in our Christmas pajamas :)
Two of my favorite traditions growing up, were going to see the lights at the Oakland
Temple, and driving around to look at all the houses lite up.
I wish the temples by us decorated with lights, but they don't, and they're much
farther away from our house, than Oakland was growing up.
But I also loved piling in the car, and driving aimlessly, looking for any streets
that were brighter than the rest. We'd talk about old memories, family gossip,
past Christmas', Christmas plans, etc. I loved it.
Well, we tried last year, and both kids fell asleep. So with Dmitri at least being
older, we thought we'd try it out. Turns out, he hated it. There were some moments
of excitement, but overall he just kept asking to go home. So that was kind of a
bummer. Another bummer, all the slow driving, stopping and going, twisty neighborhood
roads - they were making me nauseous... Blah!
Before we left, I had to get a picture of Dmitri in his hat. This hat is SO small
on him. It's an 18-24 months, but he loves it!! 
But I'm still wanting to keep the tradition! I don't care how much Dmitri hates it!
I think next year though, we wont tell him before hand, that he can open a present when
we get back home.......

Well we got home, and told Dmitri he could pick out one present from under the tree,
and open it. The grandkids on Daniel's side drew names, and then my brother sent
the kids some presents, as well as my sister, Daniel's mom, and my parents. So yea
these brown boxes have been taunting Dmitri for WEEKS! 
He chose to open his present from his Grandma Mary, and it didn't disappoint! She
bought him an RC car, and he was ecstatic!! 
Paige even thought it was the greatest thing ever! She loved chasing it around, and
she was laughing so hard!
After presents, Paige headed to bed. Dmitri and I sprinkled 
reindeer food on the lawn {he had made it at school}, laid out cookies and milk, and
did our annual Santa tracking, to see where he was, and then it was off to bed
 for him - kind of. We read The Night Before Christmas, and then read in 
Luke, about the birth of Christ. I really should have included Paige, 
but she was so done, that she would not have lasted! Well, not pleasantly anyway. 
I'm sure like most 5 year olds, Dmitri was very anxious! He kept coming out of his room, to
ask if Santa had come yet. Then telling me he heard reindeer on the roof!
He finally fell asleep, at 10:30! Well, my partner in Christmas crime also fell asleep
at 10:30, and I didn't want to wake him. So I headed downstairs, to lay everything out.

Everything was already wrapped, so I just had to bring it in, from it's hiding place.
Then it was off to bed for me!! The following post - Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. We hyped up going to see the lights as something super fun and the kids were pretty disappointed about it, too. Once we went they liked it better but they had been pretty bratty about it. I love your Christmas pjs, where are they from? I did make Noah's, too. I always hate replying on a blog comment because I never know if anyone checks back :) I'm so glad you're blogging again. I love your cute family and house.

    ReplyDelete