About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Out of Dmitri's reach!

Dmitri can tell if the door to mine and Daniel's
room is slightly slightly open.

So anytime it is - he dashes in as fast as he
can, and heads over to our nightstands to see
if we've left anything for him to play with.

Usually I have necklaces or earrings hanging
out on mine.
Daniel will have his Ipod or wallet and pocket
remnants on his - so I had to rectify this issue.

I organized my nightstand drawer - and found
a container for my earrings that slips inside
the drawer. Easy enough.
Daniel now stores his wallets and pocket stuff
in the same drawer he keeps his ACU's and
other work stuff in.
Well I couldn't figure out what to do with my
necklaces. I couldn't put them in the drawer
because they'd get tangled. And I didn't really
have a spot in my room to hang them.

Well I was watching 'Ruby' the other night, and
she had a bedroom makeover.
The designer bought a stick to hang her necklaces
on. It was $60{something}! She made the
comment that she could have saved that money
and found a stick outside.
Lol well - that's what I did.

Unfortunelty living in a HOA area, we have a
company that comes around and cleans up the
landscaping - and cuts the trees.
Well they cut the branches back a ton - so there
was no way I could get one from our trees - too
high.
Dmitri and I walked the neighborhood today,
and I found a stick {smaller then I hoped} that
would do the trick.
So I took it home, spray painted it black
{would have preferred white - but only had black}
{{and didn't feel like going to buy white}}
A voila! A necklace hanger.
The only descent spot to hang it was in the
bathroom - and here it is.Lol and I just wrote a descent sized post about
a stick.
XD

Ohwell.

Here are some other pics from the last few days.

I am IN LOVE with orchids! They are propably
my favorite flower.
The only problem is I can't keep them alive for
more then 2 weeks.
I have tried - and killed many.
So here's my attempt at making some fake orchid
stems look real.
I'm actually quite happy with it.
So happy I'm going to make more!
Dmitri has decided it's funny to put this
block on his head.
We used to put it on him - because we
do think it's funny. But he'd take it right
off.
So now he puts it on himself.
He got mad the other night because
without realizing he grabbed the block that's
one size down - and it wouldn't fit on his
head.
I had a good laugh over it.
:}

And lastly.
Dmitri has become quite the little helper.
He helps me mop the floors - but uses his
hands to rub the water around.
Kind of yuck.
{and "yuck" is Dmitri's new fave word}
{{which I'm grateful for b/c now he knows what I mean when I say it}}

And he helps me wipe the coffee table.
He also collects the stray hangers after
I fold laundry and hands them to me.
He put his bath toys in their bag the other night.
And he turns the dishwasher on for me.
Which is actually more of a nuisance then
a help.
Lol but I'm not going to stifle his cleaning bug.
:}

4 comments:

  1. I love your stick necklace holder! and i can't believe some one would pay $60 for a stick!
    I am an orchid killer too. People always tell me that they're these wonderful flowers that last forever. mine start to die pretty quickly, and then they say if you trim it and keep it watered, more flowers will grow back. i've NEVER seen an orchid reserect itself. EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to do the stick thing for a while, either as decor or as something useful like a necklace hanger. We'll see what I come up with. Yours looks great.

    Good job getting such a good little helper baby. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that stick is genius! it totally deserved its own post. :) Dima is so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. K...LOVED the stick! Kinda need one of those, but I am wondering if you got the only stick left lying about in our neighborhood!! LOL! Love the flowers too! And, I can't wait until Ava can be my little helper, how fun!

    ReplyDelete