About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Saturday, March 21, 2009

A waterfall to Waikiki

Alright - some catching up.
Thursdays we headed up to Manoa Falls.
My mom wanted to go up into the mountains,
so Daniel found a great spot to hike there!
It was a 1.5 mile hike up to a gorgeous waterfall!
The scenery was breath taking.
We also headed up to the Lyon Arboretum. It's
run by the University of Hawaii. It's a
botanical garden and they have a little spot were
you can purchase local plants. We didn't stay long
because it started to POUR rain! But it was
gorgeous none the less :)
Getting ready to head up Manoa Falls
Lyon ArboretumThe POURING rain!We decided to include a stop to the Laie Temple.
It was a ways away - but the drive there
made time go a lot faster! We drove
past some more breathtaking scenery!
Well once we got there, we got out and explored.
We weren't able to see much of the temple itself,
because it's been closed for remolding. We
went inside the visitors center and were
lucky because they had the Reflections
of Christ on display. The pics were awesome!
http://www.reflectionsofchrist.org/
So the temple was a nice wind down.
We got stuck for a sec in construction traffic, and this
little guy was hanging out at the side of the road!

So Friday had some decent weather.
Thank goodness! I needed a tan desperately!
Lol I was considering [and kind of still am]
going to a tanning bed. But luckily I got some color :)
The water was a little cooler [a lot cooler] then
expected. But once you got in, it wasn't bad.
I'm trying to remember what we did there :\
Well one - we keep getting turned around in the
car because of the stupid GPS! Next time we'll just
follow the street signs :)
We found a nice little spot and camped out.
There were a TON of cars - but not that many people,
so I don't get how that worked out :\
Daniel got to try on his new snorkel gear. He bought a
set while we were in Haleiwa.
I tanned - and swam. It was nice!
It was even nicer because my family watched
Dmitri while Daniel and I got to enjoy the
water at the SAME time! :D
Lol CAKED in sunscreen :}
It's been nice having them here.
The last few nights they volunteered to
watch Dmitri while Daniel and I went out.
Dan and I went on a few walks together, we also went to
Sushi and last night went to Outback Steakhouse and then
to see Duplicity. Which neither of us recommend.
Unfortunately for my parents and sister, they're stuck
here. They couldn't get a flight out last night - and tried 6
flights today - all of which sold out or had 1 spot open.
Bad for them - it's spring break here and flights are
booked. One flight had 6 spots open - and 31 people
on stand by! That's just crazy to me. According to the
airline, it will be like that for the next 2 weeks. Craziness.
Anywhos - tonight's pretty chill. The fams watching
Twilight. Daniel was able to get it on Blu ray.
I went to 2 Wal-marts today, and neither one
got a shipment in for it on Blu ray - just the regular DVD.
I went to Target - they were sold out. Then to Costco -
they didn't get a Blu ray shipment either. Crazy!
I called Best Buy and they had some. Oh - and Daniel
asked me to buy a copy cause he had to work and couldn't.
But don't tell any of the boys! :P
Anyways - he picked it up from Best Buy on his way home.
So yes, that's that. Good times.
I have a growing mound of laundry that needs to be folded.
Blah!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I love your pics! It's so GREEN! And YAY for "Twilight"! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures. makes me want to hike when i (if and when we do) go to hawaii. don't you love it when little kids sit indian style.

    ReplyDelete