About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Not very sleepy yet...

I had the worst time sleeping last night!
I went to bed at 10:30 - woke up at 12:30 - and
could have sworn it was like 4 am because it felt like
I had been asleep forever!
Then I woke up at 2:30 - then 3:30 or so. Then
around 4:30, 5 and 5:30. I was EXHAUSTED this
morning!
It took every bit of me to drag myself out of bed
to get Dmitri at 8:30. Ehh - it sucked. I haven't been
sleeping well lately. And I've been having scary dreams :(
A couple nights ago I had a dream Dmitri and one
of my nieces were kidnapped - then last night I had a
dream that I had a heart attack - and so did one of my
parents. I hate those dreams! And what I hate even
more is when you wake up and aren't with reality yet,
so you can't tell if it was real or not.
I hope tonight is better :(
Well anyways - on to happier things...
I love my house! I LOVE it! I'm so thrilled to be in it,
and thrilled even more that EVERYTHING is ours!
It's our refrigerator, it's our washer and dryer,
it's our tv etc etc.
It's awesome.
I kind of like sitting here when the house is quiet.
Daniel and Dmitri are sleeping cozy in bed. It just
feels nice. And it feels right.
I have to say - through this whole housing process,
we have been so blessed. The mortgage company
we went through assigned us a realtor - so we really
had no say as far as the choosing. Well - she was
fabulous - and interestingly enough - is LDS!
Isn't that crazy? Of all the realtors in HI - ours is Mormon :D
That put me a bit at ease. Not that non LDS realtors are
bad, but I really did feel like we truly had someone on
our side. That was looking out for us.
Kind of like a little bit of home, or familiarity.
Well anyways, we looked at about 30 places altogether. None really
felt right. When we saw this one [our current place].
I walked in and seriously - THIS WAS IT! I walked in
and just loved it. And felt good about it. It felt like ours. It was perfect.
Lol so even with that feeling - we decided to look at some
other places [because this place was like number 5 on
the list of 30 so we wanted to see what else was
out there - and really I'm just dumb].
Well we looked at the other houses - no good.
They were either not what we were looking for,
or they just didn't work for us.
So we decide to follow this feeling [or prompting from
above:] and wanted to put an offer in on this place.
So we write it up - our realtor submits it... and we
find out there was an offer put in RIGHT before ours.
Awesome. Well luckily for us - the selling couple said
they'd accept our offer if for any reason the first people
fall through. Sweet! So we wait. Sure enough - 2 days
later we find out the first people couldn't get their
financing in place - so it was ours!
WAHOO!
Everything went so smooth after that. Pretty much just
fell into place. So we feel blessed with how everything
turned out. We KNOW the Lord's hand was in
everything that went on. And it was wonderful!

Well all the rooms are set up and in order. Minus
Dmitri's - still. Hopefully we can tackle that tomorrow,
since Daniel's off.
But I'm going to take pics and post them here
tomorrow.

Oh tomorrow - my little Dmitri will be 7 months!
He's tipping the scale towards one year!
When he was 6 months - at least he was right
in between birth and one year. Now he's getting
further away from his 'birth'day and getting close to
1 year. Is that weird to say it's almost like I mourn
the infant he was? I was looking at his birth pics today - as
well as sorting through his newborn clothes [bad combo!]
and I was so sad that he's not that little [little] baby
anymore. Of course I LOVE this Dmitri and it is exciting
to watch him grow and to be able to actually communicate
with him more and more everyday... but I still miss that
little baby :(

Here's that handsome little guy 'helping' with laundry - what
a gem :}
And here he is - well - just being cute :)
he just realized he has a tongue. He sticks it out ALL the time now.
While mom's away...
Dmitri will play!
And here he is ramaging through my purse to get his sweet potatoes puffs...
and to eat whatever paper he can find in there :S
Randomness - Hawaii doesn't do Daylight Saving. So now we're
4 hours behind Salt Lake, 3 behind CA and 6 [!] behind the east
coast. That's just crazy to me.

K - and NOW I'm sleepy.
Goodnight. Or morning to those
back home who will be waking up soon -
since it's 4:55 there - and only 12:55 here.
Weird. Time zones are weird.
:}

And let's hope for sweet dreams!

1 comment:

  1. having your own place is the best. after the movers and family had left the first day we moved in, you just sit there and think, AT LAST!!!
    i miss onesies. andrew can still wear them because they make them for like 24 month olds, but i can't imagine trying to get him to stand still long enough for me to put it on him.

    ReplyDelete