About Me

My photo
We are Daniel and Sara. We met October of 2006 and were married August of 2007 in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then we're kind of in the fast lane. We both got the baby bug pretty early on in our marriage and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Dmitri in August 2008! We couldn't be happier! Daniel is a Captain in the Army and has his Bachelors in Nursing. We're living in HI and so far are enjoying our time here! I'm a stay at home mommy and am looking forward to finishing school. Blah :} Dan enjoys; hunting, basketball, shooting ranges, movies, *sigh - video games and Halloween. Sara enjoys; crocheting, baking, aquariums, sewing, shopping, swimming and trying to get organized. Dmitri enjoys; trying new food, crawling, bath time, stroller rides, electronics and getting into things he shouldn't. It takes all kinds to make up a family - and we cherish and love our little family! :)

Followers

Sunday, July 6, 2008

A week in review...

This has been kind of a busy last week. It didn't really get off to a good start - Daniel was soooo sick last weekend - he caught the tummy bug that's been going around. I felt so bad for him :( Luckily it only lasted about 48 hours - so he was back to himself in no time!
Once he got over his flu - I was graced with allergies. They were kickin' my butt - and still kind of are. Luckily it's just a running/stuffy nose that's hanging around now.
Another delightful thing - I have a post crown in one of my teeth [they drill the tooth down and attach the crown to a post that is then drilled into the root] that has come loose for the 4th time! I hate this tooth. Every time I go into to have it fixed - my dentist says how much he hates posts. I just think ya ya - if I can turn back the hands of time I would have told my old dentist to not do it - but what's done is done - so fix it! Anyways - I went in to have it re-cemented and he starts tugging on it. I wasn't really okay with that. I just kept telling myself it'd be over soon. Well apparently the post isn't loose enough. If he forces it out - then we run the risk of it cracking the root. I do not want that one bit! So I tried chewing on that side as much as possible this week - and I go in tomorrow to see if it's ready to come out. Lol I feel like a kid again! Wriggling my lose tooth - but this time I don't get any money - I get to do the paying. Boo. Stupid tooth.
Daniel started his recruiting job on Monday. He didn't mind it so much and even got to go home early. He used his time off from his old job last week - and found out that he Thursday and Friday were paid holidays for him! Lol he was pretty stoked! Who doesn't enjoy and extended vacation :)
A very big "yay" this week - we ditched our Dodge Nitro! We have been trying to get rid of that thing for a while now. It was less then a year old and had already had 2 recalls for the same thing - plus random emergency lights would go on and off for no reason. Yea - didn't make us feel too safe. We also leased it [and will never lease a car again] and the sales guy basically told us everything we'd want to hear so we'd buy it. It just sucked constantly having to worry about the miles that went on it.
It's funny though - some dealerships would down right not help us. They didn't want to give us anything for the Nitro - they said it was because of gas and the economy. Lame! Also - it sucked having to repeatedly hear the same schlep. Blah blah blah - lease this - shouldn't have done that - should have come to us first. Daniel and I are so car buying savvy now - it's sickening. Well anyways - we were going to swap it for a Mazda 3 or 6 because they were totally willing to work with us. They had incentives and said they'd give us a bit more for the Nitro. We test drove the Mazda 6 - it was alright. Neither of us got the "this is it" feeling - so we left to think about it.
Well Daniel is really gung ho on Subaru's because they're not super expensive and they come with standard AWD - I've also learned to love this feature since we got our WRX last year. That little thing did better in the snow then the 4WD Nitro! We decided to take a chance and hit up one their dealerships. Subaru was very willing to help us. The guy kept trying to get us to buy a new Imperza. We test drove it - didn't like it so much. Anyways - we decided to check out the new Outback Sport. Yes - it was very nice. We drove it around and just got such a better feeling for it. Luckily it wasn’t too much more then the Imperza - so he was able to work the numbers and we ditched the Nitro for a new Outback Sport. Woohoo!
Another fun thing - we went to our nephew Ewan's first birthday - he's SO cute! It's always nice to get together with the fam - especially for fun stuff like birthdays! Anyways - Ewan had a good time - totally covered himself in cake - and got some trucks that he seemed to adore. Fun fun :)
We had a good fourth. Daniel's fam and my fam got together for some swimming and a BBQ. I think everyone had fun! It was such a hot day - I was glad for some swimming! Anyways - we had a good dinner [but I ate way too much!] and then lit some fireworks in the street. It was good times - only thing missing was my brother and his fam. Would have been fun if they could have been there :(
Saturday we were able to attend to Baptism of Daniel's cousin Zoe. I always love Baptism's and baby blessing. But ya - we had a very nice time and she looked beautiful in her dress! We also went back to their place for some mingling and food. Mmm - pizza and cake! Daniel and I were in heaven! :D
But yea - that was our week. It was good times. Too bad it went so fast :/

Here's a pic of the new car - except ours is all black with a charcoal bottom two tone thing - and a roof rack.

2 comments:

  1. Awww...I'm jealous! I want a new car! Oh but I don't want all the hassle. HAHA! Sounds like a very busy (but fun) week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how every other sentence is about food...LOL - ain't pregnancy grand! haha

    ReplyDelete